Engineering is an occupation with extremely wide reach. The term ‘engineering’ covers many fields and, by extension, many skills. Engineers are scientists, inventors, designers, builders and great thinkers. They improve the state of the world, amplify human capability and make people’s lives safer and easier.
Engineering skills include:
- the scientific method
- social, cultural and economic awareness
- biology, chemistry, physics and other areas of science
Engineering disciplines cover:
- Mechanics and the construction of tools and machines of all sizes, from the nano scale to entire manufacturing facilities.
- The creation of cars, trains, ships, boats, aircraft and all other vehicles.
- The design and production of chemical compounds.
- Operations of businesses and cities.
- Entertainment, industry, construction, transport, healthcare, defence and more!