The government of Uttar Pradesh, established Avadh University, Ayodhya, initially as an affiliating university by it’s notification No. 1192/fifteen-10-46(6)-1975 dated 04 March, 1975 and appointed Prof.(Dr.) Surendra Singh as the first Vice chancellor. In 1993-94, it was renamed as Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya in the memoriam of late Dr. Rammanohar Lohia, an epic socio-economic ideologue and freedom fighter par excellence.
The university initially started its office in a rental building at Civil Lines, Ayodhya. Land acquisition process for varsity’s formal office started in 1976. Ultimately, the then Chancellor and the Governer of state Shri G.D. Tapase laid foundation of the present administrative building of the varsity on 02 May 1978.
|Other name||Avadh University|
|Chancellor||Governor of Uttar Pradesh|
|RMLAU PhD Admission 2022 Starts||Feb 16th, 2022|
|Last date for Online Application||March 25th, 2022|
Dates of RMLAU PhD Entrance Exam
|April 20th, 2022|
|Result of Entrance Exam||May 05th, 2022|
|RMLAU PhD Admission 2022 Official Website||http://www.rmlau.ac.in|
RMLAU Ph.D. Admission (Session 2021-22)
Important Instructions for Online Application for CET-2021 RMLAU PhD Admission 2022
1. Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya hereby commences the process of admission to Ph.D. program in Full-Time and Part-Time mode in various disciplines running in the departments of Residential Campus and Affiliated Colleges as per University/UGC guidelines amended from time to time.
2. All the interested candidates willing to take admission in the relevant Ph.D. program either through Full-Time or Part Time Mode are advised to apply online. The online application form and required details are available on university.
3. The admission process for Ph.D. programme of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya in Part Time Mode requires only submission of online application. The candidates opting for this mode of Ph.D. program need not have to appear in the entrance examination CET-2021.
4. A candidate is allowed to apply and submit only one application form for the Ph.D. program in whatever mode he/she wishes to pursue. More than one application of any candidate will be rejected and he/she will not be allowed to appear in the CET-2021.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University PhD Admission 2022
5. The admission process for Ph.D. programme of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya in Full Time Mode is divided in following two phases: –
Phase-1: – The candidate has to appear in a Common Entrance Test (CET-2021) that will be conducted by the University for the session 2021-2022. Candidates who had qualified JRF/NET/UP-SLET examination or hold M.Phil. degree or fall under any of the category mentioned in UGC norms shall be exempted from appearing in CET- 2021. Such candidates shall be allowed to appear directly in the second phase of the admission process. Online submission of application is mandatory for each candidate to reach the Phase-2 of admission process. In case if the candidate fails to apply online, he/she will not be considered to participate in the admission process for various Ph.D. programme of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya.
Phase-2: – Candidates, declared eligible after CET-2021 will participate in the second phase of admission process. Such candidates will be invited to appear in the Interview on the basis of CET merit or, in accordance of UGC guidelines. Research Development Committee (RDC)/ Equivalent Committee constituted and approved by the Vice Chancellor will conduct the interview of invited eligible candidates according to the Ph.D. ordinance 2021 and prepare final merit for admission.
RMLAU PhD Admission 2022 Syllabus
Syllabus: Syllabus of CET-2021 will be similar to what is prescribed for respective PG subjects of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya. A copy of respective syllabus can be obtained from university website www.rmlau.ac.in .
RMLAU PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility
a. A candidate applying for CET-2021 of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya must possess at least 55% marks in Master’s degree/ a degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the equivalence committee of the University in aggregate or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC 7- Point scale (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) or completed M.Phil. or and equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by and approved assessment and accreditation agency, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of Educational Institutions.
b. Candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Differently abled will be given a relaxation of 5% marks in Master’s degree or an equivalent relaxation of grade whatever is applicable.
c. The candidate willing to take up Ph.D. program in Part Time mode is required to have at least 05 years of continuous service experience in recognized educational institutions, union government, state government, armed forces, PSUs or corporation listed to BSE/NSE.
d. The final selection of the candidates for Part Time Ph.D. program shall be based on separate criterion. A weightage of 70% shall be given to a write up of 1000 words which will be submitted by the applicant and 30% weightage will comprised of work experience, academic index and performance in the interview/viva voce. The write up by such candidate should be submitted at the time of interview and this information will be notified on the website in the Ph.D. section.
e. As per the public notice UGC, New Delhi (D.O.No.-35/2016(CPP-II)) dated April 15,2021 Chartered Accountants (CA)/Company Secretary (CS)/ Cost and Works Accountants (ICWA) qualification is to be considered equivalent to PG degree. Such candidates are allowed to pursue Ph.D. program in relevant discipline (Department of Management & Entrepreneurship and Department of Economics & Rural Development) in the Residential Campus only.
f. Those candidates who are working in any project at any research institute / university/ organizations/ any such non degree awarding institution and have published two research papers in standard journals (Scopus / web of Science / UGC Care List) can directly apply for Ph.D. program in relevant subject / discipline. They will be allowed to carry on their work in the same project. However, such candidates will have an Internal Supervisor from this university and an External Supervisor from the place where project is being implemented. Other conditions for obtaining the Ph.D. degree will remain same as mentioned in the ordinance. Such candidates may submit their application directly to the Registrar, Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya-224001 with a DD of Rs. 1000/ in favor of Finance Officer, Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya and mark the envelop as “Direct Application for Ph.D. Program-Subject:_________” .
8. On-line Application Procedure: Candidate may fill online application form for Ph.D. admission process / CET-2021 of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya through the university website (http://phdadmission.rmlauentrance.in). During online application form filling process, the candidate has to upload scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature.
9. Registration Fee for On-line Application: Registration fee for the online application to CET-2021 of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya is (Rs. One Thousand Only) Rs. 1000/- for General, EWS and OBC candidates whereas for SC/ST candidates the fee is (Rs. Five Hundred Only) Rs. 500/-. The fee deposition is digital/ online and Bank transaction charges will be applicable as permissible by the bank.
10. Registration fee for Online Application to Ph.D. admission process/CET-2021 of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University can be submitted online through Net-Banking/UPI or Debit/Credit-Card of any nationalized bank. Applicants are advised to note down bank transaction Reference Number and Registration ID for any future communication with the University. After the fee submission, applicants will be redirected to the University website where option for printing admission form and fee receipt are given. Printout of the pay-in-slip of the transacted fee along with that of the filled application form must be retained by the applicant.
11. University reserves the right to vary the availability of seats in various disciplines depending upon the availability of the supervisors.
12. The candidate is solely responsible for all the entries made by him/her in the online application form for CET-2021. If the candidate conceals or misrepresents any fact in the entries on the form, his/her candidature will automatically stand cancelled and he/she will be liable to be debarred from the present and future admissions in the University.
13. Entries made by the candidate in the Form will be considered final, and no subsequent request for change(s) or modification(s) in the same will be entertained.
Guidelines RMLAU PhD Admission 2022
14. Guidelines for Entrance Test:
- a) The CET-2021 for various Ph.D. programme of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University as specified in Table-A, will be conducted at the University Campus but in special circumstances Centers may also be allocated at different institutions in Ayodhya district.
- b) Candidates are advised to fill up the Answer-OMR sheet carefully during Examination.
- c) The Entrance Test will be based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) containing one question paper.
- d) The question paper set will comprise of two sections with a total of 100 Questions. One section of 70 questions will assess the subject knowledge and the other section of 30 questions will be related to Research Methodology. The paper will be of 2 hours duration.
- e) There will not be any negative marking.
- f) The minimum qualifying marks for the test will be 50% marks.
- g) A relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks (in the aggregate) will be provided to the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Differently-abled categories.
- h) The average percentage of marks will not be rounded off to the next higher integer.
- i) Only Black Ball Point Pen should be used for blackening the circles on the answer sheet.
- j) Correction fluid should not be used.
- k) Candidates are not permitted to carry paper, mobile phone or any other type of gadgets for communication in the examination Hall/Room.
- l) Nothing should be written on the Question Booklet except Roll Number.
- m) The candidates should ensure that the answer sheet is not folded or damaged and there should not be any stray marks on the answer sheet.
- n) The candidate must bring his/her admit card in order to appear in CET-2021. If a candidate fails to bring the admit card, he/she will not be allowed to appear in the CET-2021.
- o) The Duration of the Examination will be of two hours.
- p) Based on the marks obtained in this Entrance Test, category wise merit list will be prepared and category wise result of the successful candidates will be displayed on the website of the University.
15. Exemptions From the Entrance Test CET-2021: The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from the CET-2021 for admission to Ph.D. programme (as per Doctor of Philosophy Degree Ordinance-2021 of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya).
- a) Teachers (Regular / Contractual) of the University, its constituent colleges or aided colleges affiliated/associated to the University are exempted from CET-2021. In case of faculty from Institute of Engineering & Technology who have been exempted from CET-2021 their M. Tech score as percentage will be considered for assessment. Faculty members from other streams will be evaluated on the basis NET/JRF/M.Phil score.
- b) Foreign national whether self-financing or scholarship holder who is admitted through the embassy/high commission of his/her country or admitted under an MoU with the foreign institutions shall be exempted form common entrance test CET-2021 and interview/viva voce.
- c) JRF/NET/UP-SLET qualified.
- d) M. Phil. Passed candidate.
- e) Candidates holding Teacher Fellowship for research.
- f) In case of candidates seeking exemption from the CET-2021, there score of National Level Exam (CSIR/UGC/NET/ UP-SLET) will be counted for selection. However, if such candidates opt for CET-2021 than only their entrance exam score will be considered for selection.
- g) All the candidates desirous of seeking participation in Ph.D. admission process, whether exempted from CET-2021 or not, shall have to fill online application.
16. Serving Army, Navy and Air force Officers on Colonel or equivalent rank with not less than 15 years of Service Applying for Ph.D. in Defense and Strategic Studies.
17. CET 2021 Subjects – Entrance Test will be conducted in the subjects as mentioned in Table-A. Candidate has to clearly mention in online application that whether he/she is applying for Residential Campus Subjects (Regular / Self Finance Mode) or for the subjects available in affiliated colleges. The candidate must clearly indicate the nature of the Ph.D. program i.e., if its Full Time or in Part Time Mode.
RMLAU PhD Subjects
Subjects For Ph.D. in the Affiliated Colleges in Regular Mode
- 1. Botany
- 2. Chemistry
- 3. Zoology
- 4. Mathematics
- 5. Physics
- 6. Commerce
- 7. Ancient History
- 8. Economics
- 9. Education
- 10. English
- 11. Geography
- 12. Hindi
- 13. Medieval History
- 14. Military Science
- 15. Political Science
- 16. Psychology
- 17. Sanskrit
- 18. Sociology
- 19. Urdu
- 20. Law
Subjects For Ph.D. in the Residential Campus Departments Regular Mode
- 1. Biochemistry
- 2. Microbiology
- 3. Physics &Electronics
- 4. Mathematics & Statistics
- 5. Environmental Science
- 6. Business Management & Entrepreneurship*
- 7. Economics & Rural Development
- 8. History, Culture & Archeology
- 9. Adult & Continuing Education
- 1. Electronics & Communication Engineering
- 2. Information Technology
- 3. Computer Science & Engineering
- 4. Mechanical Engineering
- 5. Mathematics (Applied Science & Humanities)
- 6. Physics (Applied Science & Humanities)
- 7. Management * (Applied Science & Humanities)
- 8. Environmental Science (Applied Science & Humanities)
- 9. Computer Application (MCA)
- 10. Physical Education
- 11. Education
- 12. Social Work
- 13. Mass Communication & Journalism
*The test paper of 6. Business Management & Entrepreneurship and 7. Management (Applied Science & Humanities) will be same.
18. Reservation Policy- The available positions will be divided as per Reservation Policy of the State in Vertical & Horizontal categories into unreserved, reserved for EWS, OBC, and reserved for SC/ST, and so classified for each subject. Numbers of seats for Ph.D. programs in various subjects are tentative. Subject wise number of seats may vary at the time of counselling subjected to the availability of Supervisors in respective subjects.
RMLAU PhD Fees Structure
Fee Structure for Ph.D. Program in Part-Time Mode & in Self-Financing Programs The fee structure for students enrolled in Part-Time Ph.D. program as well as in Departments with Self-Financing Programs is as below:
- a) Coursework Fee: Rs. 50000=00 (Rs. Fifty Thousand Only)
- b) Registration Fee: Rs. 10000=00 (Rs. Ten Thousand Only)
- c) Per Semester Fee: Rs. 15000=00 (Fifteen Thousand Only)
- d) Thesis Evaluation Fee: Rs. 25000=00 (Twenty-Five Thousand Only)
For Ph.D. students enrolled in other category, the fee structure will be as per the existing norms and revised from time to time. 20. Required Documents–
Following documents are required at the time of Admission for Ph.D. program.
- High School Certificate or Marksheet (As age proof)
- Intermediate Marksheet or Certificate
- Under Graduate Marksheet & Degree
- Post Graduate Marksheet & Degree
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- UGC/ NET/UP-SLET/M.Phil. Score Card /Certificate (if applicable)
- Fellowship certificate of UGC/CSIR/ICAR or other central regulatory Bodies. (If
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer, if employed
- Experience Certificate in case if Part Time Ph.D. is opted
- Any other relevant certificate/document
- CLICK HERE TO VISIT WEBSITE- http://www.rmlau.ac.in