Indira Gandhi National Open University, Regional Centre, Chandigarh was established on 1st January, 2009 with a few Study Centres in Chandigarh and it adjoining regions of Punjab & Haryana. It is one of the fast upcoming Regional Centres in the country in terms of student enrolment, number of Learner Support Centres, programmes activated and various decentralized operational functions. Since then with the consistent efforts, the enrolment of various programmes has been increased steadily. The Regional Centre is providing best possible support services through the network of 26 LSC’s in the region. In open and distance teaching learnering process the role of Regional Centre occupies pivotal position in monitoring, coordination and delivery of programmes. The IGNOU Act defines the “Regional Centre” as a centre established or maintained by the University for the purpose of coordinating and supervising the work of Study Centres in the region and for performing such functions as may be confirmed by the Board of Management of the University. Regional Centre is considered as face of the University for all its practical purposes. Under the diversified delivery system, the University has also introduced the concept of Programme Specific Study Centres for professional courses and Special Study Centres for remote and rural areas, women, minorities etc. Regional Centre maintains effective link between the different Schools and Divisions of the University and Learners Support Centres, between IGNOU and respective State Governments and between IGNOU and the general stakeholders.
Bachelors of Education is a two-year programme designed for educational teaching, and expert students choose this programme. This programme is offered by IGNOU, a university known for its high educational standards. This program’s open distance learning helps students finish their academic journey.
UGC, AICTE, and NAAC approve all IGNOU programmes, so the validity of a BEd or MBA is assured. The B.Ed programme covers teaching methods, preparing, researching, handling, and responding to students.
The study practice depends on students because the focus in this programme can lead to good placement offers. Students should have a bachelor’s degree from a UGC-recognized university and meet the subject-based marking criteria.
Students must also have a minimum of 50% in their graduation degree, and work experience is required for IGNOU BEd admission ODL mode. Admissions also require a merit and entrance test. After the university entrance exam, if students pass the counselling round, they are admitted. This programme costs INR 55,000 for two years. Candidate must fill the IGNOU Admission 2022-23 before the last date 25 March 2022.
IGNOU BEd Latest Updates
- IGNOU BEd Admission 2022-23 the last date is 17 April 2022.
- Students can now submit their IGNOU BEd Assignment for TEE December 2021 till 05 February 2022. (Source)
- IGNOU has started for admission for session January 2022 except certificate & semester programs, the last date to apply is 25 March 2022. (Source)
- Students who had registered in any program for previous session can now re-register for IGNOU programme. The Last date of IGNOU Re-Registration for Jan 2022 session is 25 March 2022.
IGNOU BEd Admission Highlights
|Course Name||IGNOU BEd|
|University Type||Public, Central University|
|Approved by||NCTE, AICTE, NAAC, UGC|
|Entrance Test||University: IGNOU BEd Entrance Test, IGNOU OPENMAT for MBA, IGNOU OPENMET|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Regional Centers||67 Regional Centers|
|No. of Courses||200+ Courses|
|Address||Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket New Delhi – 110068|
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2022-23 Last Date
|Registration for BEd Entrance exam 2022 starts||23 March 2022|
|IGNOU BEd Admission 2022 Last date||17 April 2022|
|IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam 2022||Last week of April 2022|
|IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam results 2022||Last week of May 2022|
IGNOU BEd Admission 2022-23
17 April 2022 is the last date of IGNOU BEd Admission 2022-23, Admission to the B.Ed course is available through IGNOU @ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. BEd Admission based on the entrance exam. On the official IGNOU B.Ed website, students can fill out the online entrance examination form. B.Ed is a two years degree program after completing the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
In 2022, the entrance exam is expected to be held on the last week of April. The application form for the B.Ed program for the 2022 academic year has been released. Students are supposed to secure a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation to be eligible for the IGNOU BEd course. The course fee is INR 55,000/-.
The Entrance test is conducted offline for IGNOU admission in the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme. The application fee for the B.Ed program is 1000/-.
IGNOU BEd Admission: Eligibility Criteria
Other point is eligibility criteria for IGNOU BEd Admission. Students need to fulfil given below criteria before apply.
- Students should score a minimum of 50% marks in BA/MA in Science, Social science, or Humanities to be eligible for IGNOU BEd.
- For IGNOU BEd ODL Admission, one must have the experience of service teachers at the elementary level. or should complete NCTE recognized teacher education course in regular mode. SC/ST /OBC/PWD candidates will get a 5% relaxation in marks.
IGNOU BEd Fees
- The total course fee for B.Ed is INR 55,000, and candidates will need to deposit the amount in the yearly segment.
- To deposit the amount, candidates will have a window of online as well as offline.
IGNOU BEd Application Form 2022-23
Application Form for the B.Ed program for the 2022 academic year has been released in 17 April 2022. There are some general details that are asked by the university in the application form. These Details are mandatory to fill because after filling out the application form students will be able to proceed for the admission process. The Application fee for the B.Ed Program is 1000/-. Documents like Identity proof, Qualification proof , Photo and Digital Signature are required to submit an online application form. After filling the Application form students will be eligible for the Entrance Test designed for the program.
IGNOU BEd Application Form Process 2022
- Go to the official website of IGNOU using this link Ignou Admission.
- For a new registration, select the “Click here for new registration” button on the website.
Note: Already registered candidates have to write a username and password in the “Registered log-in” section.
- Fill in all the required information correctly and then submit by clicking the “SUBMIT” button for final registration.
- The registered candidates will receive their Username via SMS and Email.
- Use that username to re-login.
- After Re-login, an Application form will appear. Fill that application form appropriately.
- Upload the following documents:
- Your latest photograph (100KB in JPG Format)
- scanned signature (100 JPG Format)
- All relevant documents (each not more than 400KB in JPG or PDF Format)
- Candidates must pay the registration fee via Credit or Debit card, or Net Banking. Candidates will receive a successful payment notification via SMS and Email.
Note: The candidates have to pay INR 1000 as a registration fee.
- Preview your application form by clicking on the “NEXT” button.
- Then Save and Print the Application Form for future use.
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam 2022
IGNOU offers admission in BEd on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exams. IGNOU offers online registration for BEd entrance exams 2022 till 17 April 2022. The university releases a merit list of selected students. There are a total of 50 seats available in this course. The application fee for this course is Rs 1000.
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam Syllabus
|Social science, Current affairs||Political science|
|Aptitude & Development of Student||Fundamentals & Principle of Education|
|Responsibility towards Societies||Child-Centered & Progressive Education|
|Development of Teacher Education India||Inclusive Education|
|Teaching Ability||Learning & Pedagogy|
|Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities||Child-Centered & Progressive Education|
|Inclusive Education||Learning & Pedagogy|
|General English Comprehension|
|Basic grammar||Reading comprehension|
|Antonyms||Idioms & Phrases|
IGNOU BEd Hall Ticket 2022
Hall ticket contains an enrollment number. Candidates who have completed the admission process can download the admit card. IGNOU will release hall tickets a few days or weeks before the exam online through their official website.
- Students will need an original hall ticket during the examination.
- Students should not carry notes, calculators, foot rules, side rules for the exam.
- Students must reach the exam venue on time and should maintain discipline.
BEd Marking Scheme For Entrance Examination
It is a computer-based test taken online. The candidates are giving two hours to attempt the exam. The questions are multiple-choice questions, and candidates have to choose the best answer. There are 100 MCQ in the test. The candidates can attempt the question paper in either English or Hindi.
- Students will get +1 for the correct answer.
- Negative marking may be there for the wrong answer.
IGNOU BEd Exam Pattern 2022
Exam will have two parts.
Part A and Part B
- The exam paper will contain 100 questions
- The exam will be conducted for 2 hours.
No. Of Questions: PART A
- Section I, General English Comprehension, will have ten questions.
- Section II, Logical Analytical reasoning will have 20 questions
- Section III, Educational awareness will have 20 questions
- Section IV, teaching-learning, and school portion will have 25 Questions.
- In Part B Section V, Subject competence will have 20 questions.
- Part B will have questions prescribed from NCERT /CBSE.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1: What is the BEd Distance Education course?
Ans: It is a course offered for people interested in following a career in teaching and connected fields.
Q2: Can I apply for IGNOU B Ed after the 12th?
Ans: Yes, you can apply; NCERT gives you a chance to do BEd after 12th, just like engineering and medical Education. This course will be for four years; students can apply online for CEE (Common Entrance Exam).
Q3: Which University is best for IGNOU BEd distance education?
Ans: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, and Andhra University – School of Distance Education provide distance education facilities for BEd.
Q4: Is BEd Distance Education a diploma or degree?
Ans: It is a degree course. B. Ed is a bachelor’s degree in Education.
Q5: What subjects are covered in BEd Distance Education Course?
Ans: Teaching Aptitude, General Awareness (History, Geography, Indian Polity, General Science, Indian Economy), Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Practical Training, General English, Subject Competence (Hindi/English/ Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies).
Q6: Is BEd necessary for teachers?
Ans: Yes, to get into the right school & get salary as per regular scale.