MEd or Master of Education is a master degree course that deals with the study of new methods of teaching and educational research. The programme focuses on different aspects of education including instruction, curriculum, counselling, leadership, and educational technology. The regulatory body in charge of the MEd programme is the National Council of Higher Education (NCHE).
- MEd is of two years duration divided into four semesters. However, some universities/ colleges also offer a one-year duration MEd programme. The course is offered in various subjects and specialisations.
- Candidates can pursue MEd in distance education and regular mode. After the completion of the MEd course, candidates can choose to work not only as teachers but also as counsellors, administrators, headmasters, etc.
According to Human Resource Ministry (HRD), the teaching sector generates around three lakh vacancies per year. Needless to say, the future of teaching jobs is bright.
A candidate must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a B.Ed admission:
- Hold a graduate degree in any discipline.
- Secure at least 50-55% in their graduation. B.Tech graduates need a minimum of 55%.
- Candidates belonging to minority groups like SC/ST/OBC must score at least 50%.
- Must pass the entrance exam.
Top 3 Private M.Ed College Of Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
|College Name||Affiliation & |
|1. Modern College Of Professional Studies – [MCPS], Ghaziabad||NAAC GRADE”A”||2 years||₹55,000 (1st Year Fees)|
|2. HLM Group Of Institutions, Ghaziabad||NCTE, BCI, AICTE||2 years||Rs.51,500 ( 1st Year Fees)|
|3. Milestone Institute Of Professional Studies – [MIPS], Ghaziabad||NCTE, UGC||2 years||—————–|